xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] RE: #next: alternate to #replace

Eran Hammer-Lahav wrote on 2009-09-18:
>> But I don't understand this idea that Links don't result in something
>> with Type information you would process. Following a link to an XRD
should
>> result in a new XRD that gets processed according to the semantics of
XRD,
>> which would include Type selection.
>
> They don't according to our current draft. That's how we got into this
> discussion. We have a very specific way of processing #see-also
directives,
> that is limited to finding links only when the current context document
does
> not include a sufficient match.

Right, I know that was your initial point. My point was that I wasn't really
clear on how that falls out of the text (I found it rather vague) and more
importantly, I definitely don't see that as a sensible model. A Link to an
XRD should get you a new document that you should process like the original
(after following and obeying any link semantics).

I don't *think* you disagree with that, but if others still did, I just
wanted to make a clear statement of opinion on it.

-- Scott