xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] Proposed changes to CD01

On Nov 9, 2009, at 9:29 AM, Eran Hammer-Lahav wrote:

> * Replace <Type> with <Property type="">
> * Add <Property> as a child element of <Link>
> * Convert the <Link> child elements: URI (href), Rel (rel),
> MediaType (type), and URITemplate (template) into attributes
> * Leave the <Link> child elements: Title and (newly defined)
> Property as elements

all of these are now done.  The spec itself as well as the XSD and
Relax NG schema files have been updated.

XSD does not allow us to express a choice between the href and
template attributes, so that has been added in the text of the spec.
I'm not sure if Relax NG allows us to express nillable elements (for
<Property>), so I didn't add anything for that.  Gabe (or anyone else
more familiar with Relax NG), do you know what to do there?  Or if
anything needs to be done at all?

> * Clarify <Alias> definition to express that the element does NOT
> extend the subject of the XRD and is only used to describe the
> subject resource
> * Add text to <Subject> to make its design restrictions more explicit
> * Focus link selection on 'rel' with 'type' as a useful hint.
> * Replace text about ignoring links with unknown template syntax
> with instructions to follow the protocol-specific rules on handling
> bad templates

Eran, I think you were going to tackle these?  I didn't touch section
4, even though there are several mentions of elements that have now
become attributes.  It looked like you would be making other changes,
and I figured you could update those while you're there.

-will