xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] FW: New Version Notification -draft-hammer-hostmeta-09.txt

The <Host> element as currently specified adds no value to any of the use cases host-meta is intended for. The only reason why it was originally added was to support signatures. At this point it is far from clear how it will actually be used, how to address multiple hosts, and what impact will a JSON serialization will have on signatures (especially when considering "magic signatures").

It is a part of the spec no one really cares much about, and removing it doesn't prevent anyone from specifying it elsewhere, where it is actually used.

As for last stage, I'm not done with the document and planning on making significant changes to LRDD and integrating them into the same spec. This is based on feedback received over the last couple of weeks.

Host-meta didn't even reach IETF last call yet.

EHL