Subject: Please submit all xsl:number cases ASAP

In order to produce our trial version of the test case management tools, we
need to combine submissions from several test labs. I think we can maximize
the usefulness of this trial by getting representation from as many sources
as possible. By doing so, we can see the stylistic differences of the tests
from the various labs. I hope that we will be able to work "hands on" with
tests and tools at our February meeting in Washington.

Remember that the trial concerns tests of xsl:number, which is section 7.7
of the XSLT spec. There are currently two errata items that apply to this
section and one broad grant of discretion. In previous emails, I described
the Lotus tests for this area, consisting of 84 positive and 7 negative
tests. I have looked at the RMIT and DataPower test suites and found
nothing about xsl:number. The Mozilla test suite has a couple minor
invocations, which I plan to isolate. Mike Kay's suite has several tests,
though some will get excluded because they exercise Saxon-specific
extensions. Other organizations: please, at a minimum, bundle up your
xsl:number tests and send them to carmelo@nist.gov even if they aren't
"properly" annotated.
.................David Marston