Subject: Re: [xslt-conformance] Spreading the Work

At 06:14 PM 10/24/01 -0700, Eduardo Gutentag wrote:
>[...]
>the IPR part that you mention (which is the one I meant, I just didn't want to
>clutter the message with extensive quotations) covers, I believe, your
>numbers
>1 and 2. Number 3 is not covered, since this is a copyright issue, and one
>can't
>copyright a general idea (though, of course, one can patent it,
>unfortunately).
>
>As to your reading of that copyright notice, it differs considerably from
>mine.

I don't think so, see below...

>What I read is that you can make copies and/or derivations of a document,
>as long as you include the same copyright. What you cannot do is modify the
>document itself (with the exceptions noted).

This is exactly the issue that caught my attention.  No modifications, with
the exceptions noted.  This would prohibit scenario #2, correct?  Or, am I
misreading something?

I am also assuming that "document" covers all of our stuff -- DTDs, XSLT
stylesheets, descriptive prose, etc.

-Lofton.