xspa message

Subject: RE: [xspa] Draft of XSPA FAQ

Colleagues

As mentioned in the last call, we have an Electronic Healthcare Record (EHR) application that is available to the TC for use as the driver of our profile during the HIMSS InterOp.  We used this application very successfully at the last RSA Conference with the XACML TC.  The application allows us to apply and enforce enterprise permissions, patient privacy constraints, and local business security rules.  We also have the ability to display protocol exchanges made during access to the EHR.

The links below provide a quick and painless way of understanding the capabilities we used at the RSA InterOp.  Please take a moment to review these videos so we can consider adapting the EHR application to the XSPA effort.

     HL7 Permissions Access Control (all related permissions granted)

http://204.115.177.200/draliceusecase1/draliceusecase1.swf

     HL7 Permissions Access Control (no permissions granted)

http://204.115.177.200/draliceusecase2/draliceusecase2.swf

     HL7 Consent Directive Access Control (no restrictions)

http://204.115.177.200/drbobusecase1/drbobusecase1.swf

     HL7 Consent Directive Access Control (User Based Access(UBA) restriction) http://204.115.177.200/drbobusecase2/drbobusecase2.swf

     Emergency Access (Cross-facility access to patient's medical record) http://204.115.177.200/emergencyaccess/emergencyaccess.swf

Please feel free to contact me if you have questions.  My telephone number is 858 433 1473.

Regards

David

David Staggs, JD, CISSP (SAIC)
Veterans Health Administration