acxo message

Subject: Governance for XML.org

The archive for this list at xml.org has no entry later than
13 Jan 00, so maybe I've missed something.  Have
minutes been posted of the 6 Jan 00 call?

I don't recall seeing an agenda for the upcoming
meeting in San Jose.

For that meeting there are some governance and other
issues that should be on the agenda (unless we handle
them in email first):

 - [not governance] report from Bill Smith on discussion with
	Forest Press about licensing Dewey

 - [ not g] report on responses to our call for development of
	a registry and repository (this call was
	supposed to close on 21 Jan)

 - discussion of our committee procedure.  Under
	what rules are we operating?  (BEFORE
	we vote on responses to our call for
	development of a registry and repository)

	We do not seem to be an OASIS committee.
	Do we need to be reinitialized?  Notes of
	the 13 July 99 meeting indicate discussion
	of procedure but no conclusions.  Checking
	the Board minutes back to July 99 I see
	no mention of establishing the XML.org
	SC at all.

	I have a draft copy of the Sponsorship
	Agreement, dated 9 Aug 99, which says
	that it governs the Sponsorship Program,
	but it doesn't deal with governance.  What
	is the current state of the Sponsorship
	Agreement - is there a final text?

 - vote (if we have organizational status to do so, which
	seems dubious) on some motion responsive to

regards, Terry