acxo message

Subject: Re: FYI - Regrep Reference Implementation - Questions/Issues

Craig asked,
>Can we use data from the XML Catalog
<http://www.xml.org/xmlorg_registry/index.shtml>?  I think those listings
most closely match the elements which would be submitted to the RegRep.

That's what I'd suggest.  Take a look at

  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/regrep/rrdtddoc.htm

for the DTDs and

  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/regrep/db1.txt

(db2.txt, ... db7.txt, and dbrelated.txt) for samples.  These
were described as "submission samples" but really they're
the registry's composite metadata or something close to it,
compare

  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/regrep/dbra1.txt

which is what was described explicitly as the composite
metadata for the whole Docbook distribution.  Don't put
any time into keyboarding until we straighten out what
the registry should return when asked for the metadata
about a registered item - I hope we'll get that settled
by the end of the week.

FYI (everyone) I'll be out of touch on Tuesday and on
Wednesday morning.

Thanks, Craig.

regards, Terry