acxo message

Subject: FW: Sponsorship Agreement

Dear ACXO,

Please read the following statement from our counsel.  Within the next 3
weeks, OASIS will strive to reconcile all outstanding questions and issues
with the XML.ORG sponsorship contract.

Our lawyer has suggested that legal representatives of all of the XML.ORG
sponsoring organizations be prepared to meet (either face to face or via
teleconference) as soon as possible after 31 March, which is the deadline
for comments on the current contract.

Please work with me and your own legal representatives in identifying the
most appropriate time/location to meet.

Thank you,
Laura Walker

-----Original Message-----
From: Neuburger, Jeffrey D. [mailto:JNeuburger@brownraysman.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2000 2:39 PM
To: Laura Walker (E-mail)
Subject: Sponsorship Agreement

Laura:

As we go down the road of finalizing the Sponsorship agreement, the Sponsors
have to recognize and understand that as OASIS seeks to treat all Sponsors
equally, whatever agreement we enter into with one Sponsor must apply to all
others.  For example, although we negotiated an agreement with one of the
sponsoring organizations, now that IBM has raised issues, we essentially
have to start from the draft distributed prior to our negotiation, and
negotiate all issues -- including issues which were already discussed -- in
an open forum with input from all interested sponsors.  All sponsors who
want to raise
issues have to be part of that negotiation, and the agreement that results
from that negotiation will be the Sponsorship Agreement used with all
sponsors.

Jeff

Jeffrey D. Neuburger
Brown Raysman Millstein Felder & Steiner LLP
120 West 45th Street
New York NY 10036
jneuburger@brownraysman.com
Fax: 212.840.2429