acxo message

Subject: Call for submissions: XML.org Registry soft launch

XML.org members -

We anticipate finishing setup and configuration of the new XML.org Registry
by EOB today and would like to extend an invitation to all XML.org members
to take part in the pre-submission soft launch.

The soft launch will begin on Tuesday, June 13 at 10:00 AM PST.

I will send out the URL to the XML.org Registry by EOB today. I'll also
include URLs for the online help, tutorial, and release notes.

To take part in the submission process you'll need to:
1. Browse to the XML.org Registry homepage (URL forthcoming)
2. Click on the XML.org Registry link on the navigation bar.
3. Click on the "Request to Become a Submitter" link
4. Fill out the form data and submit the form.
5. You will receive an email confirmation after your form has been reviewed.
At this point, you will receive a login and password for the submission
area.
6. At this point you can begin the process for submitting your items.

If you plan to take part in the soft launch, please send a confirmation
email with the name of the submission and your company/organization to:
BrianE@DataChannel.com.

Tomorrow, as you work through the submission process, please take time to
document any problems and/or issues you encounter and forward them via email
to: registry_admin@xml.org. I will compile this data and forward to the
appropriate people at Sun, Documentum, and OASIS.

Right now, we currently have the following items slated for submission:

1. Portal Markup Language (DataChannel) - Brian
2. tpaML (IBM) - Michael
3. DocBook (OASIS) - Norm

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks,

--Brian

--
Brian Eisenberg