amqp-bindmap message

Subject: RE: [amqp-bindmap] Suggest Jira use

Bill, I am out today but this evening I will check the login.

/chet

-------- Original message --------
From: William Cox <wtcox@CoxSoftwareArchitects.com>
Date:05/06/2015 11:38 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: amqp-bindmap@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [amqp-bindmap] Suggest Jira use

First, a reminder that the default login MAY be your OASIS user name with the first letter lowercase.

As Steve has already started, I recommend creating a Jira item (New Item) for each issue. Assign the issue to the appropriate component and version (if available).

This lets us use the Jira project structuring to manage the various issues. Managing subtasks is more complicated, and less obvious as to what needs work.

Components are:

You can select multiple components, but beware of how you can tell when an issue is resolved. This may be a case (see https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/AMQPBINDMAP-6 ) where an issue would profitably have separately tracked sub-tasks, one for each component.

Generally, one can comment even before an issue is Opened; Opened means that the issue is being worked on.  From comments, or member editing, we can (and generally should) fill in the Proposal (proposed resolution) and then move through the workflow to resolved, applied and then to closed (or back to open if changes are rejected).

With this approach, the required log of changes, comments, and requests are easier to produce for future public reviews.

For setup and design, the TC Admin document at https://www.oasis-open.org/sites/www.oasis-open.org/files/JIRA-for-standards-dev-03-10-14.pdf (off https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tcadmin ) is a good start. Several OASIS chairs (including myself) had significant input to that document and the common methods of work.

Thanks, Steve, for following this common practice for effective Jira use.

bill

--

William Cox

Email: wtcox@CoxSoftwareArchitects.com