amqp-ms message

Subject: Re: [amqp-ms] RE: [amqp] Request to add filters to public registry

A set of filter definitions within the apache.org domain has been developed and made available from:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk/qpid/specs/apache-filters.xml

These fall into two categories.

The first category aims to ease the transition (both conceptually and in practice) from pre 1.0 AMQP models by defining simple filters corresponding to the matching logic of the three standard exchange types described in earlier specifications (the fanout exchange needs no filtering).

The second category defines two simple filters that enable full JMS support over the 1.0 protocol. I would note however that both are of wider relevance (and indeed will be supported by components other than Java/JMS with the Apache Qpid project).

We would like to have these listed in the public registry for the attention and use of anyone else who wishes to support them.