Subject: Re: [amqp] new addressing draft for monday

Thanks for the Update.

I have a high-level question: What is the intended scope of this specification?

I think that the purpose of the addressing specification should be to define the format of addresses and their semantics as they appear in the various protocol fields ('to'/'reply-to' on message delivery; 'source'/'target' on link-attach). I believe that this specification should not dictate how networks propagate route information (section 4.7). I expect that three or four such mechanisms may evolve over time, hopefully each served well by this addressing specification.

Also, the issues I raised last week apply to this version as well.

Regards,

-Ted