announce message

Subject: Sponsoring The XML Cover Pages

Dear OASIS Members,

Two years ago, the OASIS Board of Directors made a
decision to host The XML Cover Pages (formerly known
as The SGML/XML Web Pages) because we believe it
constitutes a foundational information resource
that will help companies implement open, interoperable
standards.  This resource is most comprehensive online
reference collection available today, featuring not
only current applications and research, but a permanent
record of markup technologies in the marketplace.

We are committed to enhancing access to this reference
work as a freely-accessible public resource, and
depend upon the financial support of a few
"visionary" OASIS sponsors to achieve this goal.

We invite you to consider sponsorship of The XML
Cover Pages as an opportunity to publicly proclaim
your company's committment to open standards
processes -- not just as a forum for advertising.
We could do more to commercialize the Web site
(e.g., using banner advertising and sensationalized
news headlines), but we have chosen to honor the
long-term tradition of this document corpus and
the viewpoint of its editor: a non-commercialized,
vendor-neutral, high-quality information base.

In exchange for your sponsorship of the site,
your company's logo will appear on some 200 primary
documents. These are the pages most frequently
viewed by thousands of readers every month -- a
readership that increases every day.  The message
conveyed by your statement of sponsorship on these
pages will be distinct:

   "Our company proudly demonstrates its public
    commitment to the advancement of open standards
    and interoperable software as foundational
    principles of global business.  These core
    principles -- supporting data independence
    and system maintainability -- represent a
    commitment to design quality upheld in all
    of our company's services and products."

Visitors of The XML Cover Pages will recognize your
leadership, and you will reap the reward of increased
visibility in the XML marketplace at a time when
demonstrated committment to open standards has a
direct impact on the growth of your business.

If you would like additional information on sponsoring
The XML Cover Pages, I encourage you to contact me
as soon as possible.

Regards,
Laura

Laura Walker
Executive Director
OASIS
Organization for the Advancement of
Structured Information Standards

	OASIS
	Post Office Box 455
	Billerica, MA 01821
      laura.walker@oasis-open.org

**** PLEASE MAKE NOTE OUR NEW TELEPHONE/FAX NUMBERS ****

      +1 978 667 5115 Telephone
      +1 978 667 5114 Fax

	OASIS				http://www.oasis-open.org
	XML.org			http://xml.org
	THE XML COVER PAGES	http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/
      ebXML                    http://www.ebXML.org
	CGM Open                http://www.cgmopen.org

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Walker;Laura
FN:Laura Walker
ORG:OASIS
TITLE:Executive Director
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+1 (978) 667-5115 x201
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(978) 439-9035
TEL;CELL;VOICE:+1 (978) 758 8138
TEL;WORK;FAX:+1 (978) 667-5114
ADR;WORK:;;Post Office Box 455;Billerica;MA;01821;United States of America
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Post Office Box 455=0D=0ABillerica, MA 01821=0D=0AUnited States of America
ADR;POSTAL:;;12 Andover Road;Billerica;MA;01821;United States of America
LABEL;POSTAL;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:12 Andover Road=0D=0ABillerica, MA 01821=0D=0AUnited States of America
X-WAB-GENDER:1
BDAY:20000213
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:laura.walker@oasis-open.org
EMAIL;INTERNET:laurawalker@earthlink.net