announce message

Subject: OASIS member news: Infoteria Announces Alliance with Icon InformationSystems

Infoteria Corporation Announces Alliance with Icon Information Systems
Development teams will be linked; Icon's XML Spy will include Infoteria's iXSLT

BOSTON, Mass. — Infoteria Corporation, the XML software company, announced at XML World 2000 in Boston a strategic technical alliance with Icon Information Systems, creators of the XML authoring tool, XML Spy.  Under the terms of the alliance, the development staff will work together to provide a close coupling with Icon's XML Spy, an integrated development environment, and Infoteria's iXSLT product set.

XML Spy version 3.5, also announced at XML World, extends the existing functionality of Icon's award-winning XML development environment by adding the first integrated XML Schema editor.  The Schema editor supports the most recent W3C Schema draft and also allows true live editing of the schema in the actual graphical representation via the revolutionary dynamic tree view.

Infoteria Corporation's industry leading XSLT processor, iXSLT, is a 100% W3C compliant XSLT (eXtensible Stylesheet Language Transformations) processor. The Infoteria iXSLT processor transforms existing XML data through the use of XSL (eXtensible Stylesheet Language) files.   iXSLT can transform a single source of XML data into multiple formats to effectively leverage XML data on personal computers, personal digital assistants, cellular devices, and game machines.

"iXSLT is the most advanced implementation of XSL we have seen. We see this as a great opportunity to provide our customers with state of the art XSL transformation capabilities directly   within XML Spy."    -- Vladislav Gavrielov, chief technology officer - Icon Information Systems.

"We are excited that Icon has chosen to incorporate our iXSLT work into XML Spy. This will provide XML developers and programmers with a robust tool that transforms XML and XSL according to the latest W3C specifications," commented Todd Headrick, Infoteria's chief technology officer in the US.  "We are also jazzed by the level of coding done by the Icon group.  We are very pleased to be working with them."

The next cooperative development effort by the two companies is expected to include integration with Infoteria's iCONNECTOR product family.  iCONNECTOR provides bi-directional XML transformation for multiple databases, with a graphical user interface to support mapping between XML tags and database fields and for specifying the XML import/export rules.

About Icon Information Systems
Icon Information-Systems is a leading XML tools provider with its headquarters in Vienna, Austria (EU).  The privately held company was established in 1992, and produces XML developer tools and advanced retrieval software solutions for the telecom industry.  For more information, visit http://www.xmlspy.com/

About Infoteria Corporation
Infoteria Corporation is a leading software design and development company focused on building and selling XML-based B2B eCommerce solutions that intelligently and profitably connect buyers and sellers.  The corporation offers a wide range of XML software tools, components and products, as well as the services and training necessary to implement end-to-end XML-based customer solutions.

Infoteria partners include IBM, Microsoft, Toshiba, Oracle, Sun, Softbank, Toshiba, Hitachi and others.  Infoteria Corporation is a member of W3C and OASIS, with development centers in Tokyo and Boston. Additional information can be found on the web at http://www.infoteria.com and http://www.xml.com.

Company Contact:        Press Contact:
Steve Martin        Dana Erman
Infoteria Corporation        FitzGerald Communications Inc.
(978) 922-4029        (617) 494-9500
smartin@infoteria.com        derman@fitzgerald.com
www.infoteria.com        www.fitzgerald.com