announce message

Subject: OASIS member news: XML Global Appoints Mr. G. Ken Holman to itsTechnical Advisory Board

Press Release

XML Global Appoints Mr. G. Ken Holman to its Technical Advisory Board

Vancouver, B.C., September 21st 2000, XML Global Technologies,
(www.xmlglobal.com), a provider of XML based e-business software solutions,
today announced it has appointed G. Ken Holman to it's technical advisory
board.

Mr. G. Ken Holman is currently the Chief Technology Officer for Crane
Softwrights Ltd. (www.CraneSoftwrights.com) a Canadian corporation offering
OmniMark programming, DSSSL and XSL/XSLT language training, and general SGML
and XML related computer systems analysis services to international
customers. Mr. Holman is the current Canadian chair of the ISO subcommittee
responsible for the SGML family of standards, current chair of the OASIS
XSLT Conformance Technical Subcommittee, an invited expert to the W3C,
former chair of the OASIS XML Conformance Technical Subcommittee, the author
of "Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath (XSL Transformations and
the XML Path Language)" (ISBN 1-894049-05-5), and has often been a speaker
at related conferences. Prior to establishing Crane, Mr. Holman spent over
13 years in a software development and consulting services company working
in the NAPLPS and the SGML industries.

"The B2B marketplace is currently experiencing explosive growth," Mr. Holman
stated, " with XML and XML technologies emerging as the accepted solutions
to establishing a successful and profitable online presence. As more and
more industries and companies migrate to the Internet with their various
web-based e-business applications," continued Mr. Holman, "core XML
technology will be essential to satisfying the growing technological
complexity as well as increasing client expectations. I have known the
founders and principals of XML Global Technologies, Inc. for several years
and am very happy to be joining a team that is on the leading edge of the
XML revolution."

"XML Global Technologies is extremely pleased to have Ken as a member of our
technical advisory team," stated Peter Shandro, CEO of XML Global. "He is an
amazingly talented, highly respected and well connected individual and his
vast experience in e-business, legacy systems and XML related issues will
assist us as we continue to focus on our business and technology
objectives," continued Peter Shandro. "Ken's experience as a top tier player
in the international XML community will prove invaluable as we continue to
grow our organization and realize our business plan over the next several
years."

About XML Global Technologies, Inc.
XML Global Technologies, Inc. is a leading provider and developer of highly
scalable XML based e-business software solutions designed to allow
organizations to optimize information integration, retrieval and
manipulation. XML Global's flagship products, the patent pending XML-based
search engine goXML(tm) the patented expressXCHG(tm) software are designed
to maximize the effectiveness of information exchange while minimizing
capital expenditures in IT overhead. XML Global's pioneering XML based
technology is an integral part of the infrastructure required for companies
to participate on the leading edge of e-business. For further information
please visit our website at www.xmlglobal.com or call the numbers below.

Forward Looking Statements
All statements are based on XML Global Technologies, Inc.'s current
knowledge and specific assumptions with respect to future business
decisions. The actual results of XML Global Technologies, Inc. may differ
materially from those indicated by these forward looking statements as a
result of various important factors, including, but not limited to, those
discussed in the Risk Factors section of XML Global Technologies' recent
registration document, SB-2/A, which is on file with the Securities and
Exchange Commission.

PR Contact Information
Contact	Anthony Dutton
		Director of Corporate Communications