announce message

Subject: OASIS Industry Info: XML and EDI

In case you were wondering about XML and EDI ...

See Re: EDI and XML standards, posted on the EDI-L mailing list by Mark
Crawford of the ebXML Requirements team, at
http://www.mail-archive.com/edi-l%40listserv.ucop.edu/msg01633.html.
It's a nice discussion in answer to "I am a little confused about the XML
EDI.  Does there exist a standard for the XML DTD to represent the EDI
document?  If so where can I get this standard?  If not, how far away is
this being accomplished or is even?"

With thanks to Carol Geyer and William J. Kammerer for passing this along,
Laura

Laura Walker
Executive Director
OASIS