announce message

Subject: OASIS Member News: Arbortext Continues Global Expansion

Arbortext Continues Global Expansion with Opening of German Office and
Appointments of Two Country Managers

ANN ARBOR, Mich., January 30, 2001 -- Arbortext, Inc., a leading provider of
XML-based enterprise content integration software and business-to-business
e-commerce solutions, today announced it established the Arbortext GmbH
subsidiary and supporting office in Munich, Germany, joining the Arbortext
network with established offices in Ann Arbor, Boston, San Jose, Tokyo,
London and Paris. Arbortext also announced the appointments of Robert Schmid
to manage sales and technical support in Germany and Eastern Europe; and
Sakis Prassas to manage sales and technical support for the United Kingdom,
Ireland and Scandinavian countries.  With the Munich office opening and the
addition of Schmid and Prassas, Arbortext continues to expand its operations
around the world to serve its Global 2000 customers.

Schmid, previously with Comparex, Sequent and Silicon Graphics, brings to
Arbortext his experience in sales and business development.  Prassas,
previously with Hewlett-Packard, IBM and Teamphone, brings to Arbortext his
experience in sales and marketing.

“The growth we are experiencing throughout Europe is exciting,” said John
Ford, vice president of worldwide sales for Arbortext.  “With the addition
of Mr. Schmid and Mr. Prassas, we are strengthening our presence and
providing an even higher level of technical and sales support to assist our
customers.  Arbortext experienced great success during 2000, and we look
forward to the expanded opportunities that our new colleagues and our new
German office provide.”

“Arbortext has long been recognized as a company who works closely with our
customers to ensure the implemented solution supports project requirements
and is flexible enough for ongoing enhancements,” said Nathan Birtle,
regional sales vice president, Europe, for Arbortext.  “I’m confident Mr.
Schmid and Mr. Prassas will continue this tradition as they begin to recruit
sales, marketing and technical support professionals to support our
projected 2001 growth.”

About Arbortext
Arbortext is a leading global provider of XML-based enterprise content
integration software and business-to-business e-commerce solutions.
Shipping since 1991, Arbortext’s standards-based software enables
enterprises to provide more personalized dynamic and easily searchable
content for e-publishing, e-commerce and B2B net marketplaces. Arbortext’s
software is currently deployed at over 300 of the Global 2000 companies,
including AT&T, Audi, Boeing, British Aerospace, Caterpillar,
DaimlerChrysler, Ericsson Telecom, Ford, GM, IBM, Lucent, Nokia, Nortel,
Qantas, Ricoh, Sun Microsystems, International Thomson Publishing, United
Airlines, Volkswagen, Volvo and West Group. Arbortext is a founding member
and active participant in the XML Activity of the World Wide Web Consortium
(W3C). Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA, Arbortext has offices
around the world.  For more information please visit
http://www.arbortext.com.

Contact: 	Kelli Gardner					PG Bartlett
	  	Text 100						Arbortext, Inc.
	  	+1 617.399.4907					+1 734.327.6819