announce message

Subject: Sixth Annual Arbortext Users Group to Offer Three Tracks,New Tutorials, More Conference Sessions

Sixth Annual Arbortext Users Group to Offer Three Tracks, New
Tutorials, More Conference Sessions

Scheduled for May 9-11, 2001, in Keystone, Colorado

ANN ARBOR, Mich., March 26, 2001 -- Arbortext, Inc., the only global
provider of XML-based software for single source publishing to multiple
media types, including Web, print, CD-ROM and wireless, today announced
that the Sixth Annual Arbortext Users Group International (AUGI) has
been expanded to offer conference attendees three special-interest
tracks, two new pre-conference tutorials, and a number of additional
conference sessions.  AUGI 2001, being held in Keystone, Colorado May
9-11, 2001, is gearing up to be the largest, most comprehensive
Arbortext user conference to date.

AUGI attendees can choose among three tracks this year:
1.	Strategic Track.  This track is geared toward the business
implementation and management of XML solutions and will help answer the
question “Why?”  Topics for discussion include:
      · Enabling E-Business with XML content
      · Managing many content web sites with XML
      · Extending customer lifecycle and improving relationships
through e-training, service delivery and one-to-one publishing
2.	Implementation Track.  This track is offered to help answer the
question “How?”  Attendees who participate in these sessions will take
part in discussions centered around:
      · Creating and working with DTDs
      · Developing a migration path from SGML to XML
      · Creating a seamless integration of Epic Editor to a content
repository
      · Learning about best practices for structured authoring
3.	Technical Track.  This is the track for those technical folks who
really need to understand what’s under the hood.  Topics for this
session will be focused on:
      · Customizing Epic
      · Learning the syntax, capabilities, limitations and techniques
for XSL-FO
      · Useful tips, tricks and undocumented features of Epic

Two new tutorials are also offered during this year’s AUGI.  “Upgrading
to Epic 4” is an all-day lecture and demonstration that will showcase
the many new features added since Epic 3.0 and Adept 9.0.  This
tutorial is suited to authors and Document Architect users who plan to
upgrade their installations.  The second new tutorial, “Epic
Interchange Primer” is a half-day session that will showcase the
differences between Epic Interchange 4.1 and the previous version,
which is Word Interchange for Epic 3.0.

Thirty technology, service and channel partners have been invited to
showcase their latest products and services in the AUGI Partner
Gallery, providing a forum for attendees to discuss individual needs
and requirements.

AUGI attendees have the opportunity to visit the Usability Lab, hosted
by Arbortext sales application engineers, for hands-on access to the
latest product software.  Attendees also have the opportunity to
interact with Arbortext experts throughout the conference and to see a
sneak preview of upcoming product releases.

“AUGI is really targeted to us customers,” said Steve Cogorno, software
engineer for Sun Microsystems and a speaker at this year’s conference.
“I’ve been continually impressed with the amount of new things I learn
each time I attend AUGI.  The opportunity to spend time with industry
colleagues and learn how they are working with Arbortext is
 invaluable.”

Other companies slated to speak at AUGI include the Bureau of National
Affairs, SPX Valley Forge, the Internal Revenue Service, SAS Institute,
Cessna Aircraft, and The Rockley Group.

“We strive to make this conference relevant for our customers,” said PG
Bartlett, vice president marketing for Arbortext.  “We have a
customer-sponsored executive committee who approves everything from
conference location to conference topics.  We follow their suggestions
and because of this, AUGI has continually improved year after year to
address topics that are on our customers’ minds.”

Registration Information

To learn more about AUGI and how to register, please visit
http://www.arbortext.com/augi.

About Arbortext

Arbortext is the only global provider of XML-based software to publish
information to multiple media types – Web, print, CD-ROM, wireless –
from a single source of content. Shipping since 1991, Arbortext’s
standards-based software supports technical publishing, reference
publishing and catalog publishing applications that enable enterprises
to provide more accurate, more complete, more timely, more consistent
and more usable information on all media. Arbortext’s software is
currently deployed at over 300 of the Global 2000 companies, including
AT&T, Audi, Boeing, British Aerospace, Caterpillar, DaimlerChrysler,
Ericsson Telecom, Ford, GM, IBM, Lucent, Nokia, Nortel Networks,
Qantas, Ricoh, Sun Microsystems, International Thomson Publishing,
United Airlines, Volkswagen, Volvo and West Group. Arbortext is a
founding member and active participant in the XML Activity of the World
Wide Web Consortium (W3C). Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA,
Arbortext has offices around the world.  For more information please
visit http://www.arbortext.com.
# # #

Contact: 	PG Bartlett
	  	Arbortext, Inc.