announce message

Subject: OASIS Technical Work Attracts Major Organizations

OASIS Technical Work Attracts Major Organizations
from Europe and North America

Accenture, Business Logic Corporation, Cincom Systems, election.com,
Engage, Identrus LLC, Intel, Ivis Group, Novell, OpenNetwork
Technologies, SAA Consultants, SeeBeyond and Unisys Join OASIS

Boston, MA, USA, 6 June, 2001 – OASIS, the XML interoperability
consortium, continues to attract major technology suppliers and users to
support in its work.  Thirteen organizations—including some of the
largest high technology companies in Europe and North America—have
joined the roster of OASIS members, contributing technical talent to
advance XML specifications. These new sponsors coincide with the
expansion of the OASIS technical agenda to include development of
XML-based standards for elections and voter services, security,
electronic business transactions and more.  New sponsors, Accenture,
Business Logic Corporation, Cincom Systems, election.com, Engage,
Identrus LLC, Intel, Ivis Group, Novell, OpenNetwork Technologies, SAA
Consultants, SeeBeyond and Unisys, as well as 9 new Contributors and 40
new Individual members, joined OASIS within the last three months.

“It’s exciting to see participation from all facets of the industry—from
major IT vendors to international consultancies to specialized service
providers for vertical industries. They all come together to do work at
OASIS. It’s important to note that OASIS support within the European
community continues to grow,” observed Laura Walker, executive director
of OASIS. "We welcome all these new members and look forward to their
contributions.”

The new sponsors join more than 170 OASIS member companies that
collaborate to advance industry-standard specifications for
interoperability.

About OASIS
OASIS (http://www.oasis-open.org) is the international, not-for-profit
consortium that advances electronic business by promoting open,
collaborative development of interoperability specifications. With the
United Nations, OASIS sponsors ebXML, a global framework for electronic
business data exchange. OASIS operates XML.ORG, the non-commercial
portal that delivers information on the use of XML in industry. The
XML.ORG Registry provides as an open community clearinghouse for
distributing and locating XML application schemas, vocabularies and
related documents. OASIS serves as the home for industry groups
interested in developing XML specifications. OASIS technical work
embraces conformance, security, business transactions, repositories and
other interoperability issues.

OASIS sponsors include Accenture, Access360, Adobe Systems, AND Data
Solutions, Arbortext, Auto-trol, Aventail, Baltimore Technologies, B-Bop
Associates, BEA Systems, Bentley Systems, The Boeing Company, Bowstreet,
Business Logic Corporation, Chrystal Software, Cincom Systems, Cohesia,
Commerce One, Critical Path, CrossLogix, Cyclone Commerce, DataChannel,
Dataloom, Deutsche Post AG, Documentum, EADS Airbus, election.com,
empolis, Engage, Enigma, Excelergy, eXcelon, Extricity Software, First
Call Corporation, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Identrus, Informix, Infoteria,
Innodata, Intel, Interwoven, IPNet Solutions, ITEDO Software, Ivis
Group, Jamcracker, Logistics Management Institute, Mediaplex, Mercator
Software, Microsoft, Netegrity, NetFish Technologies, Netscape/AOL,
NextPage, NII Enterprise Promotion Association, Nimble Technology, NIST,
Novell, ObjectSpace, Oblix, OpenNetwork Technologies, Pearson Education,
Planet 7 Technologies, Popkin Software, Reuters Limited, SAA
Consultants, Sabre, SAP, SeeBeyond, Sequoia Software, Silverstream
Software, SoftQuad Software, Software AG, Sterling Commerce,
StreamServe, Sun Microsystems, Synth-Bank, Tata Consultancy Services,
The Tamalpais Group, Thomas Technology Solution, Tibco, Unisys, US
Defense Information Systems Agency, Virtual Access Networks, Visa
International, Wavo, webMethods, Whitehill Technologies, Xerox, XML
Global, XMLSolutions and Xyvision Enterprise Solutions.

For more information:
Carol Geyer
Director of Communications
OASIS
carol.geyer@oasis-open.org
+1.941.284.0403

OASIS Sponsor Support

election.com
“election.com, Accenture and Microsoft founded the OASIS Election and
Voter Services Committee to facilitate interoperability among election
technology,” said Gregg McGilvray, Chief Technical Strategist,
election.com (www.election.com) and chair of the new OASIS Election and
Voter Services Technical Committee. “The introduction of open standards
for election solutions is intended to enable election officials around
the world to build upon existing infrastructure investments, to evolve
their systems as new technologies emerge and to simplify the election
process.”

IVIS
"IVIS pioneered the business use of XML in designing and developing
tesco.com, the world's largest on-line grocery store. Two years on, we
continue our leadership with solutions that allow enterprises to profit
from all the information they generate, receive and collate from
customers, suppliers, employees, other partners, products and
 processes,” said Qusai Sarraf, CEO of IVIS Group (www.ivisgroup.com).
“Global enterprises are spending billions of dollars on technologies
such as CRM, ERP, supply-chain management, content management and e
flavours of these, yet are often dubious about their real worth. We sit
above this confusion, so that you can profitably understand your
customers and partner with suppliers through rich information. This is
why we are passionate about standards and we look forward to
contributing our international business perspective to the work of
OASIS."

OpenNetwork Technologies
“We’re pleased to support the important work of OASIS and contribute to
a definition of the SAML standard that enables secure interaction within
and between a diverse community of employers, employees, partners, and
affiliates,” said Bob Worner, senior vice president of product
engineering for OpenNetwork Technologies (www.opennetwork.com).  “An
open standard within a trusted framework supports our corporate vision
and our goal to provide a solution that speeds deployment, reduces
administrative complexity and cost, and offers the lowest total cost of
operation in the market.”

SeeBeyond
"SeeBeyond product offerings enable Global 2000 businesses and B2B
exchanges to rapidly connect, integrate and optimize business operations
across extended enterprises," said Alex Andrianopoulos, Director of
Product Management for SeeBeyond (www.seebeyond.com) . "Together,
SeeBeyond and OASIS can more readily promote and encourage the use of
XML-based standards for B2B interoperability by making these core
standards useable for our customers."

Unisys
“While we are initially involved with the OASIS Election and Voter
Services Technical Committee, we will also contribute to many other
committees because of our wide-ranging industry expertise,” said Susan
Thomas, worldwide director, e-Business Services, Unisys
(www.unisys.com).  “We look forward to working closely with OASIS
towards the development of key structured standards for a multitude of
industries.”