announce message

Subject: Arbortext Signs PeopleSoft and Labelmaster Software

Arbortext Signs PeopleSoft and Labelmaster Software Among 90 New Customers
for Q2 2001

Arbortext announces record second quarter and continued growth during
first six months

ANN ARBOR, Mich., July 23, 2001 -- Arbortext, Inc., the only global
provider of XML-based software that enables the creation, editing and
publishing of information to multiple media types from a single source of
content, today announced a 23 percent increase in revenue over the same
six month period last year.  Fuelling this growth is the addition of 90
new customers during the second quarter, including PeopleSoft (Nasdaq:
PSFT) and Labelmaster Software.

“We are particularly pleased with the strong performance of the Epic
E-Content Engine and the increasing demand for our Epic product suite,”
said Jim Sterken, President and Co-Founder of Arbortext.  “We’re seeing
that organizations recognize the value of the XML-based, single-source,
multichannel publishing solution that Arbortext products provides, and our
continued growth reflects an excellent performance by our partner
relationships and our sales, marketing and service teams who are bringing
this message to our customers.”

Organizations know that the capability to deliver fresh, personalized
information to customers can be a distinct competitive advantage.
Arbortext’s Epic E-Content Engine (E3) is a content conversion and
publishing server that captures unstructured content from multiple
sources, converts it into reusable XML components, assembles the
components according to individual requirements, and composes the result
for multiple media, including Web, print and wireless devices such as
cellular phones and e-Books.  E3 provides organizations the ability to
deliver information to its customers with greater speed, accuracy and
cost-efficiency than before.

“We chose Epic because it is a comprehensive, flexible and solid solution
based on industry standards,” said Ram Gupta, EVP Development, Products
and Technology for PeopleSoft.  “I believe our many authors will find
Arbortext’s Epic Editor intuitive, well-designed and easy to use.
Arbortext’s integration with content management systems and support for
stylesheets support our requirement for a single source of information
that can be quickly and easily published to multiple media types.”

“We chose Arbortext because of their leadership, strong technical
background, and proven ability to deliver products and services that meet
customer requirements,” said Rachel Jackman, Software Production Manager
for Labelmaster Software.  “In today’s challenging economic times, it’s
imperative we work with a company who is not only here to stay, but has
the ability and vision to continually develop new products with new
technology to help us stay ahead of our competition.”

About Arbortext
Arbortext is the only global provider of XML-based software that enables
the creation, editing and publishing of information to multiple media
types – Web, print, CD-ROM, wireless – from a single source of content.
Shipping since 1991, Arbortext’s standards-based software supports
technical publishing, reference publishing and catalog publishing
applications that enable enterprises to provide more accurate,
cost-efficient, complete, timely, consistent and usable information on all
media. Arbortext’s software is installed at over 3,500 customers,
including over 300 of the Global 2000 companies. Current customers include
AT&T, Audi, Boeing, British Aerospace, Caterpillar, DaimlerChrysler,
Ericsson Telecom, Ford, GM, IBM, Lucent, Nokia, Nortel Networks, Qantas,
Ricoh, Sun Microsystems, International Thomson Publishing, United
Airlines, Volkswagen, Volvo and West Group. Arbortext is a founding member
and active participant in the XML Activity of the World Wide Web
Consortium (W3C). Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA, Arbortext has
offices around the world.  For more information please visit
http://www.arbortext.com.

# # #

Contact: 	Beth Ambaruch 				Angela von Ruden
	  	Arbortext, Inc.				Phase Two Strategies
	  	+1 734.327.6014				+1 212.530.7553
	 	bea@arbortext.com				avonruden@p2pr.com