announce message

Subject: [announce] OASIS Member News: XML Global Signs Seven Figure SoftwareLicensing and Support Agreement

     XML Global Signs Seven Figure Software Licensing and
 Support Agreement with Major North American Software Vendor

  XML Global secures major long-term financial commitment
    from leading private North American software vendor
        to integrate and market GoXML(tm) Transform

New York, N.Y., June 19th, 2002 - XML Global Technologies, Inc.
(OTC BB: XMLG), a developer of XML Middleware today announced
that it has signed a three year software licensing and support
agreement for GoXML(tm) Transform with one of North America's
largest private independent software vendors. The agreement
stipulates that XML Global will receive an immediate initial
payment of $500,000 and is guaranteed annual royalty payments
over the contract's term. The contract is worth a minimum of
$1.25 million over its term.

Under the agreement XML Global will grant a non-exclusive worldwide
license to use and distribute GoXML(tm) Transform only as an
embedded component of the software vendor's products. The agreement
is effective immediately and shall remain in effect for a period
of three years at which point it will be automatically renewed
for successive one-year periods. In addition to the initial payment,
XML Global will receive, on a quarterly basis, a percentage of
license royalties with a stipulated minimum annual payment.

"We are very excited to have signed an agreement with a recognized
market leader who is focused on deploying adapter and integration
solutions," said Gordon Ebanks, Executive Vice President of Sales
and Marketing for XML Global. "Data transformation technology is
at the heart of any integration initiative, "explained Ebanks,
"and by committing to GoXML(tm) Transform we believe they have
chosen the best product available. We look forward to expanding
this relationship and are confident this agreement has the
potential to generate at least mid seven figures for XML Global
over its three year term."

"XML Global is enjoying a rapidly rising profile in the data
transformation sector," stated John McAughtry, President of XML
Global, "and this most recent announcement is further evidence
of the strength and importance of our technology. XML Global
shares a commitment to efficient and cost effective business
integration solutions and we look forward to helping our partners
meet their corporate and technical objectives. This agreement
comes at a very opportune time for XML Global," added McAughtry,
"as we will now be in a much better position to advance our
business plan on schedule and take advantage of the growing
number of opportunities being presented to us."

About XML Global Technologies, Inc.
-----------------------------------
XML Global Technologies, Inc. is an XML middleware company
focused on providing a methodical approach to the adoption
of XML-based solutions. The Company's GoXML(tm) Transform
product line provides an intuitive, modular solution for
integration of structured data. Its powerful transformation
engine links XML to traditional data formats, like relational
and EDI. It also transforms data between various XML dialects.
Transformation solutions developed with the XML Integration
Workbench can be deployed to GoXML Transform Enterprise
Edition for centralized management and connectivity to
integration platforms, message queues, and workflow engines.
Interfaces for Web Services and ebXML allow it to plug into
popular e-business infrastructures.

The Company is an active member of the ebXML, UDDI, OAG, W3C
and OASIS standards initiatives. Founded in May 1999, XML
Global has its US headquarters in New York, NY, and a research
and development office in Vancouver, BC. To find out more
about XML Global Technologies (OTCBB: XMLG), visit our website
at www.xmlglobal.com

PR Contact Information
Contact	Anthony Dutton - XML Global Technologies, Inc.
		Director of Corporate Communications
Phone		1-604-717-1100 ext.112
		1-800-201-1848 ext.112
Email		anthony.dutton@xmlglobal.com