announce message

Subject: [announce] OASIS member news: Reactivity Joins WS-I and OASIS

Reactivity Joins WS-I and OASIS to Help Define Security Standards

Thought Leader in Application Security Contributes to Standards Bodies

BELMONT, Calif., September 3, 2002 - Reactivity, Inc., a provider of
software products that secure XML-based integration, today announced it
has joined the Web Services Interoperability Organization (WS-I) and the
Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards
(OASIS). As a member of these international standards-setting
organizations, Reactivity will help define XML-based security standards
and develop tools to ensure standards compliance and interoperability
among Web services and other applications.

Reactivity is participating in the WS-I special interest working group
on application security, developing testing tools to assess the
interoperability and assist in the implementation of products based on
WS-I recommendations. Reactivity is contributing its security expertise
to the development of the WS-I's Basic Profile and its security
recommendations and interoperability roadmap. Reactivity executives are
also active participants in OASIS teams chartered to further the
development of the WS-Security standard and the specifications for
XML-Signature and XML-Encryption.

"We are excited to be working with these groups to accelerate the
evaluation and adoption of standards for securing Web services and
XML-based application integration," said Michael Hanson, CTO for
Reactivity. "This is a critical time to be defining requirements because
standards are still evolving and few have been tested in real-world
implementations. Reactivity's years of research and domain expertise in
network and XML security will contribute to the creation of standards
that can solve real problems facing enterprise today."

The WS-I is an open standards body chartered to promote interoperability
among Web services based on common, industry-accepted definitions and
related XML standards support. It works across the industry and with
other standards organizations to respond to customer needs by providing
guidance, best practices and resources for developing Web services
solutions.

The work of OASIS complements that of the WS-I and other standards
bodies with a charter to make standards easy to adopt in open system
applications. As an industry consortium, OASIS does not create new
standards, but drives the development, convergence and adoption of
e-business standards including XML, Web services and security.

"I have been very impressed by the commitment of both customer and
vendor OASIS members to drive the convergence of interoperability
standards," Hanson said. "The Reactivity technical team is well
positioned to contribute thought leadership in XML security technologies
to help drive the requirements and adoption of a common set of
standards."

About Reactivity
Reactivity provides software products that secure XML-based integration.
Reactivity reduces the risks associated with integrating applications by
systematically securing and monitoring messages between business
partners, internal organizations and customers. By decoupling security
from application development, Reactivity eliminates the need for
time-consuming, expensive and inflexible custom coding of individual
applications. The company is targeting Fortune 2000 enterprise customers
in select vertical markets that leverage XML and Web services to
integrate applications. Founded in 1998, Reactivity is venture-funded by
Accel Partners. Reactivity is located in Belmont (Silicon Valley), CA.
Visit Reactivity's web site at www.reactivity.com.

Reactivity Service Firewall is a trademark of Reactivity, Inc.
Press Contact
Patrick Corman
Corman Communications
(650) 326-9648