announce message

Subject: Arbortext Reports Record First Quarter Revenue

Arbortext Reports Record First Quarter Revenue

ANN ARBOR, Mich., April 28, 2003 -- Arbortext, Inc., the leading global
provider of XML-based software for content creation and multichannel
publishing, today reported record revenue for the first quarter ending
March 31, 2003.  The company’s continued growth was fueled by
substantial orders from both new and existing customers.

“We are pleased to report another quarter of solid revenue growth and
overall strong operating performance,” said Raymond Schiavone, President
and CEO at Arbortext.  “Our continuing success is a testament to the
fact that we are uniquely positioned to help organizations worldwide
eliminate the costs and pain associated with creating and sharing
content.  We enter the second quarter poised for continued aggressive
growth, given our healthy sales pipeline, exciting product roadmap and
strong balance sheet.”

The amount of time and money organizations spend on creating and
re-purposing content may be the largest hidden inefficiency remaining
for data-intensive industries to tackle.  Arbortext software helps
organizations deploy content across their entire enterprise, control the
editing process and protect document integrity, ultimately uncovering
and reducing tremendous inefficiencies.

First Quarter Highlights
·	Total bookings grew 25% as compared to 2002, leading to record first
quarter revenue.
·	Operating expenses declined 1% from one year ago.
·	Cash flows from operations totaled $2.3 million.
·	Deferred revenue grew 25% from March 2002.
·	During the quarter, the company hired Mark Benfer as Vice President of
Sales, and appointed Dave White to Technology Director and John Ford to
Vice President of Business Development.
·	Significant orders were received during the quarter from new and
existing customers including AAA, American Red Cross, Bombardier,
Computer Sciences Corporation, DaimlerChrysler, Deere & Company, Delta
Technology, FM Global, GE Aircraft Engines, GE Power Systems, Hughes
Supply, IRS, Japan Airlines, Kraft, LexisNexis, Motorola, Nokia
Networks, Oracle, Pfizer, SAS Institute, Toyota, Turbomeca, Vodafone New
Zealand and Volvo Car Corporation.

About Arbortext
Arbortext is the leading global provider of XML-based software for
content creation, editing and multichannel publishing to Web, print,
CD-ROM and wireless devices.  Arbortext’s software is installed at over
1,300 organizations worldwide. Current customers include American
Express Financial Services, Audi, Boeing, Bombardier, British Aerospace,
Caterpillar, DaimlerChrysler, Ericsson Telecom, Ford, General Electric,
GM, IBM, International Thomson Publishing, Lucent, Nokia, Nortel
Networks, PeopleSoft, Pfizer, Ricoh, Sun Microsystems, Toyota, United
Airlines, Volkswagen, and Volvo. Arbortext is a founding member and
active participant in the XML Activity of the World Wide Web Consortium
(W3C). Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA, Arbortext has offices
around the world.  For more information please visit
http://www.arbortext.com.
# # #

Contact: 	Beth Ambaruch, APR		David Stone
	  	Arbortext, Inc.			Ketchum
	  	+1 734.327.6014			+1 312.228.6967
	 	bea@arbortext.com			david.stone@ketchum.com

		Press room:  http://www.arbortext.com/html/press_room.html