announce message

Subject: [announce] DataPower First to Demonstrate Full Compliance with HTTP for XML-Aware Networking Devices

DATAPOWER FIRST TO DEMONSTRATE FULL COMPLIANCE WITH HTTP FOR XML-AWARE
NETWORKING DEVICES

DataPower's Web Services Security and XML Acceleration Devices First to Pass
Stringent Co-Advisor Compliance Testing from The Measurement Factory

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - September 16, 2003 - DataPower Technology, Inc., the
leading provider of intelligent XML-Aware Network (XAN) infrastructure,
today announced that the DataPower XS40 XML Security Gateway(tm) and
DataPower XA35 XML Accelerator(tm) devices successfully passed all
applicable Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) /1.1 compliance tests offered
by the Co-Advisor suite.  Co-Advisor is a protocol compliance and robustness
test suite developed by The Measurement Factory, Inc. and is the first and
only HTTP/1.1 compliance suite in general availability.  With this testing
DataPower further demonstrates its leadership and commitment for pragmatic
adoption of XML and Web Service applications through its interoperability
testing.  With this HTTP compliance, DataPower ensures customers that its
XAN devices meet the standard for transparent operation within real-world
heterogeneous networks for Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) and
Extensible XML communications over HTTP.

"DataPower's rich history for interoperability and pragmatic approaches to
XML adoption can easily be seen in XSLTMark, the industry's first open XSLT
benchmark, as well as our activity in leading standard organizations,
chairing OASIS XSLT/XPath Conformance TC, our work with the W3C's
WS-Security specification and WS-I's Basic Profile for instance.  DataPower
makes these efforts such a high priority because customers expect flawless
operation from our solutions, including handling of HTTP transactions," said
Eugene Kuznetsov, chairman and CTO at DataPower Technology Inc. "Passing the
Co-Advisor tests were tough, but the tool identified exactly what we needed
to address our complete compliance and that has assisted in real-world
applications and higher customer trust.  We continue to use Co-Advisor test
suite for daily regression tests that allows our engineers to move from
endless minor bug fixing to maintaining HTTP compliance in a very systematic
fashion for real-world deployments and our customers' benefit."

Alex Rousskov of The Measurement Factory added, "We are pleased to see that
Co-Advisor has a direct impact on the reliability of DataPower's network
devices within production networks.  As a result of Co-Advisor testing,
their customers know with certainty where DataPower's code stands for its
HTTP compliance and this assurance sets DataPower's products apart."

HTTP compliance is critical to the transport of XML Web Service messaging
via SOAP.  SOAP messages are a simple and effective means for server to
server communications regardless of operating systems and uses HTTP as the
mechanism for information exchange.  Since HTTP is installed and available
for use by all major operating system platforms, HTTP and XML provide an
already at-hand solution to the problem of how programs running under
different operating systems in a network can communicate with easily with
each other and, as such, is the basis for virtually all Web Service and XML
applications.

DataPower's XS40 and XA35 products are the first XML-Aware Networking
devices to pass all applicable Co-Advisor test cases.  With its
first-to-market delivery of XML-Aware Networking (XAN) devices, DataPower's
patent-pending XG3(tm) technology - the fastest XML processing in the world
- powers the DataPower XS40 XML Security Gateway(tm) and DataPower XA35 XML
Accelerator(tm) that ensure unmatched security, performance, and
manageability for Web Services and XML-based applications.  With leading
performance, feature support and minimal set-up time, the XS40 and XA35
provide immediate returns on XML investments as illustrated by leading
companies including Hemscott Financial, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts,
Leader, SAIC and RouteOne, a joint venture including DaimlerChrysler, Ford
Motor Credit, Nissan, Bank of America, GMAC, and Toyota Financial Services.

Co-Advisor tests for formal HTTP/1.1 (RFC 2616) compliance and robustness.
Co-Advisor is developed by The Measurement Factory, makers of unique
protocol performance benchmarks and compliance test suites. Co-Advisor is
the only vendor-neutral compliance suite, developed by an independent
company with credibility for honest and unbiased testing tools. For details,
see www.measurement-factory.com.

About DataPower Technology
DataPower Technology provides organizations with intelligent XML-Aware
network infrastructure to ensure unparalleled performance, security and
manageability of next-generation applications and XML Web Services.
DataPower's patent-pending XML Generation Three (XG3(tm)) technology powers
the industry's first wire-speed XML-aware networking devices that provide
immediate return on technology investments while streamlining application
deployments. Founded in 1999, DataPower is privately held and based in
Cambridge, MA. Investors include Seed Capital Partners, Venrock Associates
and Mobius Venture Capital. For more information about DataPower Technology,
please contact 617-864-0455 or visit www.datapower.com.