avdl message

Subject: voting reminder

AVDL TC members and observers:

Kevin has been sending out some reminders to you in regards to voting on
the proposal to make the AVDL spec an OASIS Standard, so this is not
news to you. I thought that you would be interested to know that as of
this morning you have 2/3 of the votes necessary to pass; 15% of the
OASIS member organizations must approve, so 56 votes are required.

I note that there are a considerable number of companies represented on
the TC roster, particularly the Observers but also at least one Member,
who have not yet voted. **If all of the companies represented on the
roster who have not yet voted would now do so you would have enough
votes to approve the spec.**

I'll suggest to the Observers that if you've been interested enough in
the work of the TC to subscribe and watch the work that you should be
interested enough to give your input to your voting rep and ask him/her
to cast a ballot.

-Karl

Karl F. Best
Vice President, OASIS
office  +1 978.667.5115 x206     mobile +1 978.761.1648
karl.best@oasis-open.org      http://www.oasis-open.org