avdl message

Subject: Re: Any activity on non-web attacks?

Carl and all,

> Non web attacks is an action item on my list that I have not gotten to  yet. If you
> would like to help I'd be glad to work with you on it.

Yes, I want to help and also (which is unusual)  have a bit of time to
contribute to it now.

What kind of activity is needed? I can think of looking at existing
projects such as OVAL, ICAT/CVE and OSVDB for ideas to achieve fusing the
scope of info they have with AVDL schema to go "beyond web". Basically, to
start the process like:

Schema from AVDL (web) + Data from OVAL, etc = AVDL (non-web)

Does it make sense? Or do you think it should be started from the other
side?

Best,
--
Anton Chuvakin, Ph.D., GCIA, GCIH
Author of "Security Warrior" from O'Reilly - http://www.securitywarrior.com

** netForensics has  scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content. **