bdxr message

Subject: RE: [bdxr] BDX Location

Hi Pim

We did discuss the TAB comments briefly and a plan of response was organized roughly as follows:

1. We need to acknowledge receipt of the comments and offer thanks for producing them.
2. We need to sort the purely editorial comments out from those that might need more discussion.
   [This has been started.]
3. We need specific proposals on how to respond to each comment and a consensus on the response. We need to send that to the commenter.
4. The editor(s) should be instructed to make the changes.
5. We need to decide whether any substantive changes have been made and if so have a review again.
6. Proceed with standardization procedures.

I particularly welcome any proposals on two clarification issues
1. How to make clearer what a (Dynamic Delegation Discovery System) DDDS application involves. This addresses
the reviewer's confusion about whether the Location spec is a "profile," which it is, given the elastic character of the
term "profile"!

But I had hoped the references to DDDS would point to what the status of the specification was, but maybe we can call that out even more explicitly.

2. How to make clearer that conformity to this specification involves adhering to the IETF specifications concerning
the query client and the responding DNS server overall, but that we define that a language "api" binding requirement.
This conformance request is maybe a bit unusual in that it leaves quite a bit of freedom to the implementer. Maybe why
a language binding requirement needs to allow some freedom to the implementer needs explanation? We did try to clarify
the conformance part previously, but possibly it needs more work.

I welcome other BDXR participants to join as editors for this final effort! Especially the bibiliography which has been a real struggle.

Dale Moberg