bdxr message

Subject: Business Document Envelope Committee Specification Draft 01 Working Draft 02 now available for internal review

Fellow BDXR TC members,

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/bdxr/201502/msg00004.html

... I have created the second working draft of CSD01:

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=55118

I have managed now to create a complete scaffolding of the distribution. This means all we have to do is change and add to our requirements and I can build the distribution of a new revision quite quickly (though I often struggle with writing the associated prose; any help here is much appreciated).

We also need to add XML examples of envelopes that illustrate features of the model. At this point I have not included any semantically-meaningful examples as we only now are at the point where contributors can create such examples and validate them with the now-working schemas.

If you can please make the time to create and document some XML examples, this will give you the opportunity to test the schemas ... I shouldn't be the only one doing the testing. Perhaps as you create tests you will find shortcomings in the requirements that we need to address. And then we can include these examples in our distribution.

In the demonstration environment I have included a simple example with multiple payloads (including a non-XML payload) and some examples with bona fide digital signatures of the entire envelope (including multiple signatures). These can be verified with suitable digital signature software.

I believe this working environment satisfies every requirement in the document posted by Martin. Perhaps, Martin, you can bring this to the attention of the BII architecture team in Istanbul, with the following caveat that is applicable to all readers.

I remind non-TC-member readers that this draft work product is not out for formal public review, though the public is, of course, welcome to review it and use the public comment list to forward feedback to our committee. Everything in this draft work product, including the schemas, is subject to change until the work product becomes a formal Committee Specification.

I look forward to your feedback. Anything you can review and comments you can post before our next meeting on Wednesday will be very helpful. We can also discuss this at the meeting. If we don't discuss it at this meeting, there will be another two-week delay and that will encroach on my leave of absence. I hope we can produce the first Committee Specification Draft and have it out for formal public review before I start my leave of absence.

Free 5-hour lecture:  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/video.htm |
Crane Softwrights Ltd.             http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |
G. Ken Holman                    mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com |
Google+ profile:       http://plus.google.com/+GKenHolman-Crane/about |