bdxr message

Subject: Re: [bdxr] BDE - presentation in the BII architecture team

Thank you, Martin, for bringing our work to the attention of the group.

At 2015-02-17 15:30 +0000, Martin Forsberg wrote:
I have today presented the BDE-work to CEN/WS
BII architecture team. We looked at the BDE
draft and it seems to fully meet the
requirements previously captured by BII. The
e-tendering team will make an assessment to
verify that it also covers the needs specific
for the pre-award processes but the first
impression is that BDE draft probably supports
what?s needed. The ePrior-team from the European
Commission will also make a similar assessment.

I look forward to their final findings.

A couple of observations were made:
·       The cardinality of the
Envelope/Payload/PayloadContent is currently set
to 1..n. From the BII-perspective, 1..1 would
make more sense, but it might be that we haven?t
understood the requirement behind the
possibility. (This comment does not relate to
the Envelope/Payload-element, which should be 1..n as already defined.)

Pending agreement with the rest of the committee,
I agree it should have been 1..1 (and I see the
copy/paste error that I made that resulted in this being wrong).  Well spotted!

·       Regarding the specific question Ken
sent:
<https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/bdxr/201502/msg00006.html>https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/bdxr/201502/msg00006.html.
It was the BII-team´s view that having the
signature as a qualified element in the end of
the structure was the preferred approach.

So noted.  We will include this endorsement in our discussions.

·       It was also concluded that the BDE may
give possibilities which are not necessarily
wanted in some communities (such as bundling an
Invoice and an Order in the same envelope which
would not be ok in PEPPOL). This should be
handled by additional policies/rules created by
those communities, essentially customizations to BDE.

I agree ... it would be a challenge (impossible?)
to try and address that requirement generally as a set of document constraints.

·       The reference to the xmldsig listed in
section 1.3 should be
<http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core1/>http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core1/.

Hmmmmmm ... that means a change to the schemas to
incorporate the 1.1 schemas ... does anyone know
if there are any changes needed to the XAdES
schemas for the 1.1 schemas?  In my own work I've
only ever dealt with the 1.0 schemas.

Note that the document still needs to be revised
with respect to the prose.  I have made an
effort, but writing prose is not my strength and
the text should be replaced by better writing.

Please find attached the presentation in pptx-format.

Thank you, again, for your efforts in this regard!

Free 5-hour lecture:  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/video.htm |
Crane Softwrights Ltd.             http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |
G. Ken Holman                    mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com |
Google+ profile:       http://plus.google.com/+GKenHolman-Crane/about |