blue-ms message

Subject: Background material for electronic ballot

Dear Members of the Steering Committee,
The attached PDF describes the changes to the Rules of Procedure of Blue
requested by our Smart Grid Technical Committees so they can affiliate.
Essentially, the rules right now are too restrictive for affiliation. As
you know our standards work is conducted in Technical Committees and the
reason it is important for TCs to be able to affiliate is that the
Member Section can then become a true place for thought leadership and
focused action.
I believe Bill Cox, who is proposing those changes (and whose document I
am enclosing) may post later with further explanations - but I find the
attached quite clear and sufficient to make up your mind. Thanks in
advance for voting. OASIS staff does support these changes by the way,
and should you approve them, I will take them to our Board of Directors
and request their final approval at our December 16 session.
Thanks in advance.

--
Laurent Liscia, Executive Director
1-978-667-5115, extension 201

Take a tour of OASIS at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/home/tour.php

20091029 revised EMIX Draft Motion Blue Member Section.pdf