bpel4people-editors message

Subject: RE: [bpel4people-editors] Use of CVS to manage specifications

Mary: the baseline documents are already in Kavi.

One point of clarification relating to "is TC members approving documents
from the CVS repository rather than Editor Drafts uploaded to Kavi". The
only source of documentation to be considered by the TC will be the version
posted to Kavi. CVS is intended to be a temp/scratch working area and
nothing more.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mary McRae [mailto:marypmcrae@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Mary McRae
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2008 17:18
To: 'Dave Ings'
Cc: bpel4people-editors@lists.oasis-open.org; 'Luc Clement'

Hi Dave and Luc,

  I understand the concerns of the TC and am working with other members of
the
OASIS staff to come up with something that will meet the needs of the TC as
well
as ensure OASIS rules are adhered to. As TC Administrator it's my job to
make
sure the TC Process is not side-stepped; as someone who has spent 25 years
as a
document technologist I can't imagine coordinating multiple editors without
some
sort of management system in place. Of course I also can't imagine using
anything other than an XML vocabulary/grammar expressly designed for
specifications or other technical documentation. I wish I could snap my
fingers
and invent an entirely new infrastructure in which TCs have a full suite of
tools at their disposal; unfortunately the magic isn't working. The good
news is
that we are working on a new infrastructure which will include the OASIS
Library, a new platform for TC Public Pages, and many other changes; having
feedback from members like yourselves regarding the tools you'd like to see
is
vital to making sure we deploy the right applications.

  I hope to have the guidelines completed early next week (late Mon or
Tues). In
the interim, please upload all baseline documents to the Kavi repository.
The
one flaw that is evident from Luc's description below is  TC members
approving
documents from the CVS repository rather than Editor Drafts uploaded to
Kavi,
but I do want to walk through enough scenarios to make sure we have a solid
process in place that will be repeatable should other TCs wish to take
advantage
of systems such as this.

  Regards,

Mary