Subject: [bpel4people] BP- 42 Proposal

All,

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BP-42

                The original issue was to gain some level of consistency in our naming of datetime properties in our schemas.  I’ve examined a number of other specifications to determine that there are essentially three main ways in which this is done:

1)      Past tense verb for past events, future tense verb for future.  Examples: Created, Expires (WS-SecurityPolicy)

2)      ‘Time’ suffixed nouns, with the noun showing past or future.  Examples: CurrentTime, TerminationTime (WS-RemotePorlets)

3)      Preposition suffixed property names.  Examples:  ExpiresAt (WS-Context)

Today, the WS-HT schemas use a combination of 2+3:

attatchedAt

addedAt

createdOn

activationTime

expirationTime

StartBy

CompleteBy

Proposal:

Switch entirely to the ‘Time’ suffixed parameters.  I’ve tried to change to be any of the three, and the ‘time’ suffixed works the best:

attatchedAt => attachedTime

addedAt =>addedTime

createdOn => createdTime

activationTime => activationTime

expirationTime => expirationTime

startBy => startBeforeTime

CompleteBy => completeBeforeTime

A similar change would also need to be made for any new properties.

Thanks,

Phil