bt-models message

Subject: Re: activity context & context poll

I think that the general context should be a series of specific context instances, one for transactions (which only talks about transaction related stuff), one for security, etc.

I agree, for us, context has the scope of business transaction only. Of course, it will be good if BT context can sit inside a larger context structure defined somewhere else (like W3C). I agree with Mark, we should concentrate on addressing only the transaction context.
Yes. There are definitely going to be requirements for other types of context (e.g., security, capabilities, etc.) that will be needed in the wider business "transaction" arena, but we shouldn't try to address them: we don't have the time, and probably not the expertise.

All the best,

Mark.

Dr. Mark Little (mark@arjuna.com)
Transactions Architect, HP Arjuna Labs