Subject: [bt-spec] New BTP draft 0.9.0.4

BTPers,

I've put a new draft of the BTP spec up, incorporating the consolidated
changes from the Liberty Corner discussions on messaging and similar issues.
I'm also sending out comments on each of the issues involved (except where
the incorporated solution is as in the last message on that issue).

The draft has change-marks against 0.9.0.2, the last agreed version (since
all the change marks in that were approved). So 0.9.0.3 becomes merely
historic.

For several of the issues, I've modified things so as to make a fairly
self-consistent document. In particular, the message names are changed since
the Liberty Corner "outline solution" - see issue 79 message.

The issues in question are:

7 - soap rpc
57 - xml schema applicable to more than SOAP
79 - normalisation of the message set
80 - CONTEXT_REPLY unnecessary for the CONTEXT/cohesion
82 - ENROL related to application message
83 - BTP message related to *part of* application message
84 - What determines if one-shot is used
85 - Relationship by separate container, not containment
86 - Reply address on CONTEXT, target address on CONTEXT_REPLY

I've concentrated on these messaging issues - in studying them and internal
discussion, there are some related things, but I believe it will be better
to handle these as resolutions of other issues - in particular issues 77, 78
(on identifiers) and 29 (on redirection). Rather than have a great mass of
entangled issues, I hope we can get these agreed. For some of them, the
explanation that is currently in the main document may get moved to the
model, but I don't think that affects the question of whether it is right as
it is.

I have posted all the solutions for these as "proposed solution" in the
issues list, changed their status and am asking Bill to instigate votes on
them.

Peter

Peter Furniss
Technical Director, Choreology Ltd