cacao message

Subject: Preventative Action

I'd like some help in better understanding the Preventative action type.

What is unique to a Preventative action that is different from Remediative or Mitigative? I recognize that there is some overlap, however it would be great to have 1 example to demonstrateÂthe uniquenessÂofÂPreventative that would qualify it as needing its own action type.

In order to try and get my head around this, I did a quick matrix of the current examples and mapped them to each action type. What I'm not seeing is a use case where Preventative would not have already been categorized as either mitigative or preventative.

Does anyone have a good and unique example for Preventative?

Known ThreatBlocking RulesAffect PoliciesBlackholeSinkholeBlacklistPatch
InvestigativeMaybeNNNNNN
MitigativeYYYYYYY
RemediativeYYYY
PreventativeYYYYYYY