cam message

Subject: accessing registries

One current weakness in the CAM spec is accessing registry data.  There does not seem to be a standard for this access or a description of the sort of data that might be retrieved from a registry.

I am looking to add some form of standard description of registries to the registry section so that at minimum a processor would know what to call to retrieve a UID from a name and vice versa.

Any suggestions?  I have some but would rather we had some wider input.

I want this to work with remote registries and simple XML files.

Martin