cam message

Subject: Re: [cam] accessing registries

Martin,

Some good news is on the horizon.  The Registry team has
created the Semantic Content Management (SCM) SC -
affectionately known as the 'scum' team - to address
use cases of the registry and semantics.

I've submitted a use case of creating a industry dictionary
of nouns, where the noun semantic information is stored
in an XML instance.  I'll post both the use case and
the proposed XML structure to our Kavi area shortly.

The idea is to work together to create a generalized
mechanism for nouns, and then CAM can take
advantage of that thru the Registry coupling mechanism
we have in the <ContentReference> section.

I've also been prototyping extracting noun semantics
out of an XSD and into the structure to test out how
people can mine existing detail to form the basis for
their dictionary.  Once we have the SCM task schedule
worked out - I'll be able to take some XSD for the
CAM templates we have and generate those to
create some test data.

I'm looking forward to completing this strategic
component of our functionality together.

Thanks, DW.