Subject: Draft Minutes 9th January 2013

Minutes 9th January 2013

Attendees:

Behrens, Michael		US Department of Defense (DoD)	Voting Member
Carlson, Mark			Oracle					Voting Member
Chapman, Martin		Oracle					Chair
Durand, Jacques		Fujitsu Limited			Voting Member
Heneveld, Alex		Cloudsoft Corporation Limited	Voting Member
Janssen, Gershon		Individual				Voting Member
Johnston-Watt, Duncan	Cloudsoft Corporation Limited	Voting Member
Karmarkar, Anish		Oracle					Voting Member
Kunze, Tobias			Red Hat				Voting Member
Malhotra, Ashok		Oracle					Voting Member
Miller, Rich			Cloudsoft Corporation Limited	Voting Member
Mischkinsky, Jeff		Oracle					Voting Member
Otto, Adrian			Rackspace Hosting, Inc.		Secretary
Pilz, Gilbert			Oracle					Voting Member
Rutt, Tom			Fujitsu Limited			Voting Member
Tupitza, Charles		JumpSoft				Member
Yendluri, Prasad		Software AG, Inc.			Voting Member
Agrawal, Roshan		Rackspace Hosting, Inc.		Observer

Intro:

  Ashok assumes scribe duties.
  Roll:  Attendees listed above 16/19 meeting is quorate
  Agenda: Skip Camp-18 as there has been no progress. Agenda approved as modified.

Minutes:

  2nd January 2012: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201301/msg00005.html
  Motion: m: Gil, s: Michael approve 2nd jan minutes.
  Passed w/o

Action Items:

  ACTION-20130102-0: Done
     Martin:  Waiting to hear back from Jane
     Martin:  Asked organizers about hosting f2f

F2F:

  Martin:  f2f in 2 weeks
  Adrian:  Enough RSVPs for a quorate meeting
  Adrian:  There will be a call-in bridge
  Martin:  Pl. think about open issues and prioritize them
  Anish:  We will need proposals for the top-priority items
  Gil:  Issues 1, 10 and 14 are connected we need to resolve these early
   ... let's try and resolve them at the f2f
  Duncan Johnston-Watt: +1 #10
  Anish:  Extensibility issues are all tied together ... need to resolve
  Duncan Johnston-Watt: +1 #1
  Jacques: Pl. allocate at least half a day to testing.  I have posted a draft.  Pl. review.

  Adrian:  Issues 1 and 14 are unassigned.  Need to assign to make progress.

  Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): you can assign issue camp 17 to myself
  Anish:  I can volunteer for issue 1.  I have a proposal in Jira.
  Gil: I can take 10 and 14
  Adrian:  There are a number of things that need to be discovered.
  Anish:  Pl.  comment on the issue
  Discussion on what needs to be discovered

  Michael:  Should we ask someone from CDMI or OCCI to present?
  Anish: don't we need a TC member who is familiar to volunteer to talk about it?
  Michael:  I will send mail to Martin and copy someone from OCCI
  Michael Behrens: I'll contact the OCCI WG (will CC Martin) to check feasibility.

Editing Team Update:

  Anish:  WD2 has been put out https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/download.php/47749/camp-spec-v1.1-wd02.pdf
  ... includes some issue resolution
  ... we should publish a CSD to set a baseline

  Anish:  We should publish often
  Anish:  You can create a CSD without a public review
  Martin:  The change bars are wrt version 1 and 1.1
  ... issue resolutions will show up.  Stylistic changes will not show up.

  Motion: m:Gil, s: Anish moves to publish WSD02 a CSD01 and publish in the TC repository only.
  No objections.
  Passed w/o

  Jacques talks about connection from the spec to the test assertions doc - discuss at the F2F

New issues:

  http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-38 resourceState attribute needs clarification
  Gil discusses the issue
  Motion: m:Gil, s:Anish moves to open CAMP-38.
  No objections.
  Passed w/o

Issue Discussion:

  http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-25 Refine link structure

  Gil presents his proposal
  Gil:  I think we should add a name attribute to the link in addition to the href
  Gil:  I thought earlier proposal was too complicated
  Michael:  Also consider use of Rel in the Link
  ... there is an RFC
  Ashok:  Do we need a link "type"
  Jacques:  Asks about link functionality -- change name to be more descriptive
  Gil: I'm okay with calling it "linkedResourceName"
  Anish:  RFC 5988?
  ... that's different
  Michael Behrens: Yes: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5988
  Anish:  In our case the relationship is very clear
  ... the name tells you what you are going to traverse
  Anish:  Link is extensible.  You can add other attributes
  Gil: no
  Michael Behrens: Also, suggest see how OCCI solved this CAMP-25: www.gridforum.org/documents/GFD.184.pdf
  Tobias:  It is good to put the relevant info is in the link itself
  Gil:  All links are contextualized by where they occur
  Gil:  The info is in the spec.  Why do we need to have it in the link?
  anish: the link type is extensible
  Gil:  All we need is what it is a link to
  anish: so you can add any other info that you want
  Tobias:  The code that is issuing the request needs to know the info.
  ... better if info is in the link rather than in the spec
  anish: in HTML it is <link href="..." ref="..." .../> in CAMP it is assembly: [{'href': "..."}, {'href': "..."}]
  anish: so in CAMP all the href in the above example are pointers to assemblies
  anish: the name of the attribute tells you almost everything you want to know.
  ...But if you want to put more info, it is extensible and you can add more info
  Adrian:  Is something broken or do you need an optimization
  anish: gil's proposal is to change the current spec to something like this --  assembly: [{'href': "...", name="foo"}, {'href': "...", name="bar"}]
  Gil:  E.g. which servlet engine my app server is running on
  ... I do a GET in the assembly and this contains links to components
  anish: better example would be -- assembly: [{'href': "...", name="hello-world"}, {'href': "...", name="pet-store"}]
  ... I cannot tell which URI to to a GET on to find which represents my WAR file
  ... I have only hrefs.  I little hint as to what the link refers to would be useful
  Adrian:  Aren't you denormalizing the structure
  ... if you change the name don't you need to fix where the name is referred to
  Anish:  The user does not directly edit the links ... the platform maintains them
  Gil: this is what my proposal currently has in it w/regards to the semantics of "name"
  Gil: This attribute echoes the value of the ?name? attribute of the resource referenced by this Link.
  ... The value of this attribute may be changed by the Platform. Users may not change the value of this attribute.
  Gil: Adrian, any specific wording suggestions?
  Anish:  We would need to say platform must fix references when name is changed
  anish: gil, ok. forgot about that
  Adrian:  Need more detail in proposal
  Jacques (Fujitsu): #25: replace "name" with "linkedresource" or "linkres" or the like
  Gil: Jacques - "linkedResName" ?
  Gil: I want to indicate that it is a reflection of the "name" attribute

  No conclusion on camp-25

  Martin:  No progress on the other issues

AOB:

  Straggler Roll:  Alex Heneveld

MEETING ADJOURNED