Subject: Are items in collection Web resources?

We have collection resources and all the items in the collection are inlined in the collection resource.

But each item in the collection is also a CAMP resource and has its own unique URI. May be I missed it in the spec, but I did not see anything in the spec that says that one can use the URI of the item (assuming it is an HTTP URL) to access (GET) it directly. Is it supposed to have its own separate existence?

This is not an idle question. While working on the UML diagrams I noticed that a component points back to an assembly collection. Shouldn't it point to a specific assembly in the assembly collection?

Thanks.

--Anish