cgmo-webcgm-comment message

Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm-comment] Public Comment

Hello,

I imagine you'll hear details from some NUBS/NURBS implementors, but I
wanted to add some other information to your question...

At 08:18 PM 8/19/2004 +0000, comment-form@oasis-open.org wrote:
>[...]
>I have a question, I know i'll find some help here.  It regards
>non-uniform rational b-splines.
>
>The first sentence I hear out of every CGM proponents mouth is that SVG
>can't replace CGM becuase SVG doesn't support NURBS.

On the CGM Open references page [1], you might be interested in a detailed
comparison and contrast of SVG and WebCGM [2], [3].  This has been
developed over a couple of years, through a couple of major versions, and
with the input and review from some SVG experts as well as CGM experts.

Regards,
-Lofton Henderson
(CGM Open Program Director)

[1] http://www.cgmopen.org/technical/readings.html