Subject: Issue: insert before or after?

Hi all,

  Assuming we have the following XML companion file:

  <webcgm xmlns:cities="somelink">
    <cities:usa city="houston" state="texas" weather="warm"/>
    <cities:usa city="seattle" state="washington" weather="rain"/>
    <grobject apsid="mapHouston" cities:map="true"/>
  </webcgm>

  where should the two 'cities:usa' elements go in the tree?  We have
  to make sure that all implementations provide access to those nodes
  using the same calls, ex:

  calling .firstChild; on the root element gives us the first
  'cities:usa'; calling .firstChild.nextSibling; gives us the second
  one.

  BTW, the same question applies to any APS, assume I have the
  following CGM file:

  BEGAPS 'G1' 'grobject' STLIST;
    BEGAPSBODY;
    BEGAPS 'G2' 'grobject' STLIST;
      BEGAPSBODY;
    ENDAPS;
  ENDAPS;

  and I have to add a 'cities:usa' tag as a child of 'G1', is it added
  before 'G2' or after 'G2'?

 Benoit                 mailto:benoit@itedo.com