Subject: Comments on new TC process

Regarding the following paragraph:

282 To maintain voting rights, a Member must attend two out of every three Meetings and/or
283 vote in two out of every three Specification Ballots. Meeting attendance must be recorded
284 in the minutes. For the purpose of this requirement submitting one Specification Ballot is
285 equivalent to attending one Meeting, except when ballots are open at the same time
286 meetings occur; i.e. meetings and ballots occurring at the same time will count as a single
287 event. Members who do not participate in two of every three Meetings and/or
288 Specification Ballots will lose their voting rights but remain as Members of the TC. A
289 warning may be sent to the Member by the Chair, but the loss of voting rights is not
290 dependent on the warning. A Member may relinquish his voting rights by sending a
291 state ment to that effect to the TC email list.

As a TC chair I feel that OASIS is trying to micro-manage my technical committee.  A strict restriction of maintaining voting rights is unreasonable.  Often times a voting TC member who contributes heavily to email discussions, makes contributions to the committee through Kavi, and actively supports the goals of the TC is often much more valuable than a voting TC member only attends 2 out of 3 meetings.  The TC chair should have some discretion in this matter.

Regarding the following paragraph:

367 All resources of the TC and its associated subcommittees, including web pages,
368 documents, email lists and any other discussions, must be located only on facilities
369 provided by OASIS; TCs and SCs may not conduct business or technical discussions,
370 store documents, or host web pages on non-OASIS servers. All web pages, documents,
371 and email archives of all TCs and SCs shall be publicly visible.

While I agree that all TC activities should be visible from the OASIS server environment, I strongly disagree that all information must be physically stored there.  In some cases a TC uses tools that rely on facilities that are not available on the OASIS servers.  I think the restriction should be that all TC materials must be "publicly visible" from OASIS server pages.

Regarding the following paragraph:

647 All documents and other files produced by the TC, including specifications at any level
648 of approval, must use the OASIS-approved file naming scheme, and must include the
649 OASIS copyright. All document files must also use the OASIS-approved document
650 templates. The name of any specification may not include any trademarks or service
651 marks not owned by OASIS.

Does all documents include f2f and telecon minutes?  I have not seen an approved naming convention or document template for all possible documents that might show up in the TC document list.

Thank you,

Dave Cruikshank, Chair CGM Open WebCGM TC
Technical Fellow - Graphics/Digital Data Interchange
Boeing Commercial Airplane
206.544.8876, fax 206.544.9590
david.w.cruikshank@boeing.com