Subject: Re[2]: [cgmo-webcgm] WebCGM and the <object> tag

Hi all,

I just want to clarify a few things.  It is pretty clear to me that
the compliant way of embedding foreign object into HTML is via the
<object> tag.  HTML defines the mechanism to load the appropriate
activeX or applet with the MIME type and 'data' attribute. WebCGM and
SVG make the same statements and our test suite should follow the
standard.

However, I do not believe that the development of a test suite should
be put on hold because viewers don't support 'data'.  We need to start
working on this thing soon. It will be a lot of work.  In my opinion,
'data' (or scripts like my proposed workaround -also compliant-) will
have to be used for the published test suite.