Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] Proposal: adding a clear() method to the WebCGMStringList interface

I agree.

-----Original Message-----
From: Benoit Bezaire [mailto:benoit@itedo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 7:47 PM
To: CGM Open WebCGM TC
Subject: [cgmo-webcgm] Proposal: adding a clear() method to the
WebCGMStringList interface

Hi all,

  A colleague (Ralf) and I separately come to the same conclusion
  regarding the WebCGMStringList interface; it is missing a clear()
  method.

  Script writers often want to reuse existing objects...  assuming I
  have a WebCGMStringList populated with several items which I want
  to reduce to a single item (or at least to a much smaller number); I
  currently have to call removeItem on all items before appending my
  new value. A clear() method that would delete all items of the list
  would be useful in this case.  We are therefore proposing this
  addition to the WebCGMStringList interface:

  clear()
  Clears all existing current items from the list, with the result
  being an empty list.

  No Parameters
  No Return Value
  No Exceptions

  We believe this to be of value to script writers at very little cost
  to implementers.

 Benoit                 mailto:benoit@itedo.com