Subject: Section 6.2: Relationship with XML DOM

Hi,

Reading over this section, I realized that it was a bit out of date.
Here's some revised wording.  BTW, I think we should rename the section
to: 6.2 Relationship with XML DOM, leaving out the Level 3.  The
changes are relatively minor.

6.2 Relationship with XML DOM
Although inspired by the XML DOM Level 2 and Level 3 specifications,
the WebCGM DOM remains oriented towards WebCGM specific functionality.
Since WebCGM uses a tree structure to group graphical primitives, it
was therefore appropriate to use interfaces similar to XML DOM Level 3
Node, Element and Document interface. However, since WebCGM is
expressed in a non-XML syntax, several changes had to be made to
commonly known interfaces in order to improve the user experience of
WebCGM script writers.

The WebCGM DOM could almost be perceived as a 'readonly' DOM. Some
interface methods allow users to change the visual appearance of
Application Structures, but unlike the XML DOM specification,
it does not allow for removal or insertion of WebCGMNodes into the
object model. This constitute a significant difference between the
specifications.

While WebCGM 1.0 offers interactivity support via hyperlinking and
highlighting; the WebCGM 2.0 DOM takes it to the next level. The
WebCGM 2.0 DOM borrows from the DOM Events specification, it
introduces the concept of EventListeners and mouse Events in order to
meet the requirements of WebCGM users.

--
 Benoit                 mailto:benoit@itedo.com