Subject: ISSUE: does the 'highlight' object behavior revert to full-picture view?

 From Ben's comments and Dieter's comments:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200504/msg00017.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200506/msg00021.html

At 04:34 PM 4/21/2005 -0400, Dieter wrote:
>3.1.2.4.3
>The definition of highlight is in contradiction with the table in
>3.1.2.4.1. The table suggests that highlighting does not cause navigation.
>Suggestion: Delete "The resulting view is a full-picture view, not a
>zoomed view."

The present descriptions of 'highlight' object behavior says that it
reverts to a full picture view.  The table, on the other hand, says that it
has no navigation effects.  Dieter proposes that the table is correct, and
the text is wrong.

If Dieter's view is correct, then the set of object behaviors is broken --
it has these two problems at least:

i.) No way to get full-picture view.  Once the view has changed from full
picture, e.g., the user pans and zooms an initial full-picture view with
the viewer controls, there is no object behavior that can get you back to a
full picture view.  (If all view changing is removed from 'highlight', a
'full' keyword is needed to fix this.)

ii.) The 'highlight' keyword is useless.  When a program or an XCF issues a
'highlight' behavior, it has no way of knowing what is the present
view.  Another DOM or WebCGM or XCF transaction may have changed it.  Or
the user may have panned/zoomed the picture with viewer controls.  It is
unknowable, in general, whether the target to be highlighted is
visible.  Therefore, no one would risk using 'highlight' (or
'highlight_all').  Only 'move_highlight' or 'zoom_highlight' have any
usefulness.

Alternative 1.  no change, 'highlight' is a full-picture
view.  (Editorially fix any contradictions.)
Alternative 2.  Highlight does no navigation, leave the problems i. and ii.
broken as described above.
Alternative 3.  Highlight does no navigation, remove 'highlight' from
table, add 'full', 'full_highlight', and 'full_highlight_all' to table (12
rows in the table.)

(Alternative 4.  Revert to WebCGM 1.0 definition.)

RECOMMENDATION.  Alternative 1.