Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] ISSUE: keep both move & zoom behaviors?

keep "move".

-----Original Message-----
From: Lofton Henderson [mailto:lofton@rockynet.com]
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2005 12:18 AM
To: cgmo-webcgm@lists.oasis-open.org

 From Ben's comments:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200504/msg00017.html

ISSUE:  should WebCGM 2.0 object behaviors include both the 'zoom' behavior
and the 'move' behavior?

At 04:34 PM 4/21/2005 -0400, Benoit Bezaire wrote:
>3.1.2.4.3 Definition of behaviors
>   - The only case where 'zoom' and 'move' behave differently is if the
>   target rectangle is smaller than the viewer's viewport; is it worth
>   two keywords?

In WebCGM 1.0, we had only three behaviors, with multiple effects.  The TC
generally couldn't agree on what the multiple effects should be for the
three, therefore it decided for 2.0 to break the behaviors down into atomic
pieces, that covered all common use cases.

The use case of 'move' is to bring the target into view without changing
the zoom factor (unless the target is too big, and would make a bad
view).   Elimination of 'move' would remove 4 of the current 10 behaviors
in the table.  Keeping 'move' probably involves some new test cases, and
requires two implementations (else the functionality is removed).

RECOMMENDATION:  No change (keep 'move').