Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] ISSUE: does the 'highlight' object behavior revert to full-picture view?

Lofton,

see inline,

Correct.

> >abc.cgm#id(myView,zoom)
>
> (User interaction with IsoView controls:  zoom in 16x on some
> little detail
> far outside of the 'myView' rectangle.)
If the user had the opportunity to step in here, he would create a problem.
If the 4 lines of code happen in a sequence, there won't be a problem.

> >abc.cgm#name(myFirstObj,highlight)
> >abc.cgm#name(mySecondObj,highlight)
> >abc.cgm#id(myThirdObj,highlight)
>
> I understand your use case now.
good.

> Question.  Is it clear that FIXED applies only to user manipulation of
> viewer controls, and not also to view manipulation via
> objBehavior keywords
> in URL fragment?  (IMO, in the present wording, that is not completely
> obvious and unambiguous, and should be made so if that's what we intend.)
Good point. We want to stop the user from interfering with the author's
intent.
It's the author who wrote the URLs with fragments, the XCFs, and/or DOM
scripts.
So FIXED should continue to be restricted to controls that are under the
control
of the end user.
If the end user types in a URL with a fragment in IE, he is leaving the
application,
so that doesn't apply here.

Regards,
Dieter