Subject: default/explicit -- _replace clarification

Feedback welcome (esp. implementors)...

As a first cut at implementing the no-reload decision for _replace, I took Benoit's suggested words and applied them to _replace in the definition list of 3.1.2.2 and to the _replace cell of the table.  Which resulted in...

Old text
-----
The viewer shall replace the current picture by the designated picture in the same rectangular area in the same frame or window as the picture which refers to this target. This is the default behavior for CGM-to-CGM links.
New text
-----
The viewer shall replace the current CGM picture by the designated CGM picture in the same rectangular area in the same frame as the picture which refers to this target. If the ending resource (CGM) is the same as the linking resource, the viewer does not reload the resource.

[_replace in the definition list of 3.1.2.2 has this additional sentence at the end, "Applicable only to CGM-to-CGM links (i.e., this is not defined in HTML 4.01), this is the default behavior for such links."]

Then I looked again at Dieter's mail, which raised two questions (see after):